Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 4....SNAP!

Alrighty kids, here is a quick update from our 4th day of the SNAP challenge. I had another project that I was working on this evening so I slacked on getting this done.

Mom's turn: 
For breakfast I had 1/2 cup almond milk, 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of turkey sausage & 2 pieces of Zach's bread. Normally, if I eat bread it's sprouted bread (no additives, no preservatives, lots of good, crunchy stuff added in) but I wanted fried eggs so I toasted 2 pieces of the very inexpensive bread I bought for Zach's school lunches.
For lunch I had a nice salad. I had another 1/3 of the container that I originally purchased.
For dinner I had spaghetti squash that was left from the other night & some of the leftover marinara sauce.
I was going to have a banana tonight since there are 6 left, still.  However, my potassium was high at my last appointment & my dr wanted me to cut back on potassium rich foods. (can you even imagine such a thing??)

Zach's turn:  (I'm going to type this up since he is in bed!)
For breakfast Zach had a bowl of corn flakes...generic, of course (do you see a pattern here...) with 1% milk and drank the milk before putting the bowl in the sink instead of loading it into the dishwasher. ;)  This is a normal breakfast for Zach, even w/o the Challenge. He's not big on getting up early & eating right away. He also may or may not have scarfed down a banana!
For lunch Zach waited until he got home from school (I hate when he does this!). He ate some of the leftovers from the crockpot that we made on Monday. We got a lot of mileage out of that meal. We got 5 meals and there is still a little bit left in the fridge!!
For dinner Zach had the same thing I had for breakfast: eggs, turkey sausage, toast.

I was hungry before dinner tonight but only because I had a show for work & didn't get home to have dinner until almost 8pm. Normally, I would have a snack with me; maybe a 100 calorie pack of almonds or a small protein bar. My budget didn't allow for such things so between meal snacks are minimal if at all.

3 days to go. About $12 left.  Looking forward to talking to Zach when we're done so I can gather his thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment