Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SNAP....Day 2...checkin' in...

It's Tuesday so that means Zach & I are on Day 2 of our SNAP challenge.

Mom's turn:
Today was much better than yesterday. I planned better so I made sure to have protein throughout the day.
My day looked a little like this:
Breakfast:  1/2 cup almond milk, steel cut oats w/ a little cinnamon, 1/2 grapefruit, 2 links of turkey sausage.
Lunch: About 1/3 of the container of spring mix salad I bought on Sunday, 2 hard boiled eggs..  more water.
Snack: a banana w/ 1 TBS of peanut butter
Dinner: Spaghetti squash.  I made some marinara sauce from crushed tomatoes & seasoning to go over the squash. I also cooked & cup up about 4 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
  *the spaghetti squash was rather large but sadly about 1/4 of it was no good once I cut it open. I had a nice helping for dinner & have plenty left for hopefully 2 lunches!*

Except for the almond milk I had this morning, I've had nothing but water to drink, but that is the norm for me so I'm not missing anything. I didn't find myself to be hungry today like I did yesterday. I'm pretty happy about that!!

Zach's turn: 
Today for breakfast I had a bowl of corn flakes with 1% milk on it. I drank the milk at the bottom of the bowl. This is a pretty typical breakfast for me, even when not on the challenge.
I didn't pack lunch to take to school (again, typical) but I ate when I got home. Today I really splurged and had some grapes. I know...mom yells at me that I don't eat enough. Might be why I felt dizzy tonight. I'll bring lunch tomorrow!
For dinner, I made whole wheat pasta (rotini) and shared the marinara sauce mom made. We have some left over so that will be put to use, I'm sure.
I didn't feel hungry yesterday, during day 1 but I did wake up in the night hungry. I didn't eat anything but I was hungry! I will have to eat more. It's not like we're running out of our "allotted" food yet. I am just in the habit of not eating much during the day.

As a note, yesterday I did buy fat free cream cheese for .99 (on sale...SCORE!) and turkey sausage links for $1.25.  My total before that was $46.97. Once I add those items, we're up to $49.21. I am happy to know we have $12.79 left to spend (we get $62.00 for both of us for the week) if we need to get some more things. Now we'll know how far we can stretch things & how best to spend the extra money if we need to.

That's it for us. So far so good. Learning a bit more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment