Wednesday, December 12, 2012

SNAP...Day 3...Goin' strong...

Hi everyone!
Well, it's Wednesday...day 3 of our SNAP challenge.  Once again, poor planning for lunch left me a bit hungry!

Mom's turn:
Breakfast: Steel cut oats w/ cinnamon, 2 links turkey sausage, 1/2 cup almond milk. (deja vu anyone??)
Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 banana with 1 TBS of peanut butter.  (in my meager defense, I had a show and was in the car at lunch time on my way there. I needed something quick & easy to eat. Bad planning & left me hungry for dinner.
Dinner: Leftovers from the crock pot meal we made Monday night...still delicious. Still have some left (I told you it made a lot!
  Night snack: an granny smith apple w/ a TBS of peanut butter (boy, this generic pb isn't very good!!)

Zach's turn:  (he's in bed but told me what to write)
Breakfast: bowl of store brand corn flakes & milk.  Drank the milk once cereal was gone.
Lunch: a tunafish sandwich, a 100 calorie pack and water (Zach usually drinks water!)
When he got home, he had a small glass of milk
Dinner: he had his left over pasta from last night w/ some of the marinara sauce. We still have some sauce left that I'll use on my spaghetti squash tomorrow!

Nothing fancy today but no problem either..unless you count me being ticked at myself for not packing a better lunch! Better planning for tomorrow...you'd think I would learn!!!

If you have time, you can read more about food stamps and the challenges of families living "below the line" here:  http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2099709,00.html

On we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment