Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Keepin' me honest...

Alright so a few months ago, I joined the Y (yes, the refer to themselves by just one letter now, as opposed to the very singable Y-M-C-A...but I digress).  Actually, I paid for the family plan so we can all go and enjoy what the gym has to offer.

My original plan was for me to wake up somewhere around 5:40am, LEAP out of bed (that's a joke for anyone who knows me) and hit the gym for about an hour.  This would give me time to get home and shower before work.  Of course, showering before work is almost a moot point given that we're usually in a full sweat by 10:30am!   As far as the boys go, I could then go with them in the evening...I could do more cardio while they work out OR I can drop them off and run my errands before picking them up OR Kyle can go with his friend Josh, who drives right past our house on his way to break a sweat.

As I stated, this was my original plan and I believe it's a good one.  If only it was working out that way.  Yes, I set my alarm and it goes off around 5:40am.  The leaping  part?  That's sort of where I'm getting into trouble.  I'm not so much leaping as I'm pulling the covers up a little tighter and hitting the snooze button.  Pathetic I know (in more promising news, Kyle IS heading to the Y with Josh on a regular basis).  As I lay in bed justifying my lack of motivation I promise myself that "I'll go after work".  Duh...as anyone knows, after a full day of work, coming home, any errands, chatting with the kids and sitting on the couch (fatal mistake), you definitely do NOT want to get back up, put sweats on and head out to do more "work", as good for you as it may be!!!  So this is my hope...I will post here, publicly that I will be getting up, as per my original plan and hitting the gym before work.  I will get it out of the way and feel good about it.  All I ask is that you keep me honest...  Ask me if I've gone and if I make some lame excuse (ie. "I was tired"...said in a whining voice), tell me to put on my big girl panties and get to the damn gym!!  I will be glad and thank you for it...someday!!

2 comments:

  1. I will keep ya honest...you can do it...don't give up, keep the motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know if you went to the Y? Isn't that the REAL question here?

    ReplyDelete